Masters’ Class Surgical Curriculum
As a qualified physician, you’ll learn all of the ins and outs of hair restoration surgery. That’s a given. But at the AAHRS, we step it up to the next level… you’ll also learn specialized techniques for precisely designing each procedure to give your patients award-winning results.
The topics listed here cover the general curriculum, at a high level. As future schedules comes together, additional information will be provided on the format for each topic.
1. Preoperative Topics
- Preoperative Considerations
- Male-Pattern Baldness
- Women and Hair Loss
- Medical Management for Hair Loss
- Hair-Loss Diseases and Hair Restoration
- The Hair Cycle
- Types of Hair Loss
- Hair Replacements, Hairpieces and Wigs
- Camouflaging Products
- Consultation and Preoperative Planning
- Other Topics;
- Standardized Photography;
- Office Management and Leadership;
2. Operative Topics
- Operative Set-Up;
- Key Instrumentation and Materials;
- Operative Procedure;
- Hairline Design;
- Patient Preparation and Anesthesia Considerations;
- Donor Harvesting and Trichophytic Closure;
- Recipient-Site Creation;
- Basic Principles for Recipient-Site Creation;
- Male Hairline Recipient-Site Creation;
- Female Hairline Recipient-Site Creation;
- Temporal Point Recipient-Site Creation;
- Lateral (Parietal) Hump Recipient-Site Creation;
- Midscalp Recipient-Site Creation;
- Crown/Vertex Recipient-Site Creation;
3. Post-Operative Topics
- Postoperative Instructions and Advice;
- Identifying and Managing Complications;
- Donor Harvesting;
- Recipient-Site Creation;
- Managing the Postoperative Patient Relationship;
About the AAHRS
The American Academy of Hair Restoration Surgery was founded by Dr. Ken Anderson of the Anderson Center for Hair in Alpharetta, GA.
Our mission is to provide training to all levels of medical and non-medical professionals alike to elevate the Hair Loss & Restoration industry. Access to in-depth training for all levels of staff will lead to the more consistent care and safety of patients, and improved aesthetic results.
While it’s almost impossible to build a winning business single-handedly, it’s absolutely possible to do so with the right team. And in our modern world of endless data, finding sources you can trust is exceedingly difficult. We’ve solved both of these challenges by hand-selecting top faculty, staff, and partners with longstanding reputations in their field and strong connections to the community.
Click or tap each picture below to learn more:
Dr. Ken Anderson
Founder & President, Anderson Center for Hair & AAHRS
Dr. Ken Anderson is a Diplomate of and holds a board certificate issued by (1) the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, (2) the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and (3) the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Dan Lee
Founding Faculty, AAHRS
Dr. Dan Lee is a board certified surgeon currently practiceing at the Anderson Center for Hair and was previously the Chief of Surgery at Piedmont Hospital. Dr. Lee received his medical training on scholarship with the Air Force.
Practice Manager, Anderson Center for Hair
Bex Mitchell is the Practice Manager at Anderson Center for Hair and brings with her more than a decade of experience managing medical practices.
Lead Technician, Educator
Keisha has more than 15 years of experience in hair restoration and has trained thousands of technicians across the country.
Meghan Channon is a Trichologist in residency with the American Academy of Hair Restoration Surgery, under the direction of Dr. Ken Anderson.